If you need medication on a regular basis your Doctor will arrange for you to have repeat prescriptions issued. We can arrange to have your prescription delivered to one of the local chemists.
Repeat Prescribing Guide for Patients
- You will receive a re-order slip each time a repeat prescription is processed.
- Please only tick those items you require.
- There is a box available in Reception for completed re-order slips, which avoids the need for queuing.
- During a consultation with your Doctor, please do not ask for repeat medications to be prescribed. Ordering them by the above method allows better use of the time spent with your Doctor.
- If a medication you need does not appear on the re-order slip and if your Doctor has indicated this may be ordered as a repeat, please write this clearly on the bottom of the re-order form or use the repeat prescription request forms available at the Reception desk.
- Please remember, because of the high volume of prescriptions we process each day, the following timeframes apply:-
- Collection from the Surgery – allow at least three full working days.
- Collection from the Pharmacy – allow at least five full working days (Lloyds, Boots or Woodburn).
- Despatched and Returned by Post – allow at least seven full working days (Please note: a stamped, addressed enveloped must be provided.)
We are also able to accept email prescription requests
Please email email@example.com with the following:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Medications required
Please note we are unable to deal with any other clinical queries or requests via this email, including requests for appointments and sickness certificates.
Please remember to order your repeat prescriptions at least a week before you are due to run out.
We are currently unable to accept repeat prescriptions by telephone.